Low-calorie and healthy baked cauliflower is a simple and quick to prepare dish for which you don’t need any previous experience. After baking, it’s a garlicky, nutty, and buttery flavor. Both children and adults love it.
Baked cauliflower recipe:
This recipe is a good helper on the usual hectic days. Quick seasoning, pop it in the oven, and you’ve got a cauliflower with full flavor. I usually bake it with pork ribs, carrots, and zucchini, which saves me a lot of time and energy. (I typically wash the cauliflower and marinate the pork ribs in advance and store them in the fridge)
Tips to make it more delicious:
- The cauliflower should be cut into the same size, so then the heat is more uniform, so some don’t burn.
- Put the chopped garlic in the oven for the last 5 minutes and toss it with the cauliflower so it doesn’t burn. And you’ll have a nice garlic flavor.
What you need:
- Cauliflower – cauliflower buds are long and dense, not loose is fresher.
- Garlic – chop the garlic and mix it with olive oil to give the oil a garlic flavor.
- Olive oil – add more to make the cauliflower buds crispy.
- Salt and black pepper – to season.
- Paprika – adds color and a smoky flavor to the dish.
- Grated parmesan cheese – is optional. Add it to make the cauliflower even crispier and enhance the cheese flavor.
Easy way to cut cauliflower:
The florets of the cauliflower are facing down. After you cut it in half, cut it into 4 equal pieces. Cut out the core on the diagonal. Cut the pieces into the same small florets. Don’t throw away the stalk, peel it and slice it for roasting. Or you can add it to the cream of broccoli soup. The stalk adds more sweetness of broccoli to the soup.
How to make:
Cut the cauliflower into florets. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F (200°C convection). Spread them on a baking sheet and toss them with the spices and olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Add the garlic, toss in the cauliflower, and roast for another 5 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
How to make crispy roasted cauliflower?
- When you toss the cauliflower with olive oil and spices, you need to add more olive oil to make it crispy.
- To make it even crispier, sprinkle Parmesan grated cheese over the cauliflower, it will stick to the cauliflower and it’ll crisp up after baking.
How to avoid mushy cauliflower?
- Use a high temperature of 220°C/425°F (200°C convection), a low temperature will make it mushy.
- You need to preheat the oven so the high heat evaporates the water in the cauliflower quickly and it doesn’t get mushy.
- The washed cauliflower should be drained, too wet will make it mushy.
More ways to have baked cauliflower:
- Hot Szechuan flavor – 1 tablespoon ground Szechuan peppercorns, 1/4 red pepper flakes after baking the cauliflower and before serving. Don’t bake them together or they’ll burn.
- Curry – 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1 teaspoon ground cumin are added when seasoning with olive oil.
- Italian – Italian spices are added when seasoning with olive oil. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mexican – Mexican spices are added for seasoning. Garnish with lime zest and chopped fresh cilantro.
What to Serve with?
- Chicken- Crispy Panko Chicken With Fried Rice, One Pot Chicken And Rice.
- Fish – Salmon Alfredo Sauce, White Wine Fish.
- Beef – Beef Stew With Potato and Tomato, Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- Pork – Baked Pork Chops And Rice, Sweet And Sour Pork With Pineapple
Watch how to make:
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Paprika, to adjust
- black pepper, to adjust
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. (Note 1)
- Wash cauliflower and drain. Chop garlic and mix with olive oil. (Note 2)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F (200°C convection oven)
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and toss with salt, black pepper, paprika, and olive oil. (Note 3)
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, toss the cauliflower, and roast for another 5 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- If you're adding grated parmesan cheese, add it now to toss with cauliflower.
- Ready to serve.
Tips & Notes:
- See above on how to cut the cauliflower.
- Washed cauliflower should be drained, too wet will make it mushy.
- Don’t add the garlic now. Add it later or it’ll burn.