Ground pork and green beans stir fry for just 10 minutes. Incredible how fast and easy you can make a healthy and delicious dinner. It’s full of soy sauce and garlic flavor. It tastes salty and slightly sweet and is best eaten with white rice. It’s keto and whole30. You don’t need to marinate the meat. You can sear it right away. Even beginners can learn it right away.
Ground pork stir fry recipe
The secret of this delicious dish is that the ground pork must be dry-fried before the soy sauce is added. This is how the fried pork is colored with caramel. It’s low in calories because you don’t need to add oil, just fry the ground pork to get the fat. You can learn more from How To Brown Ground Pork.
This stir fry with minced pork isn’t spicy. You can also add a little Sichuan pepper powder to spice up the dish Sichuan style. If you want to add more vegetables, carrots or red peppers are good choices. They don’t release water and can enhance the color of the dish.
- Pork mince – The best ratio for pork mince is fat meat 30~40%, lean meat 60~70%, which isn’t too fat, but there’s fried lard to produce flavor.
- Green beans – You can cut them into thinner slices or slice them section by section. The main reason is that the ratio should be the same so that the fried green beans are cooked evenly.
- Garlic – chopped, if you like more garlic flavor, you can add more pieces.
- Soy sauce – Add it after the ground pork is dry fried to color the ground meat and enhance the flavor.
- Fish sauce – It’s best to add some fish sauce to give the dish more flavor. If you don’t have fish sauce, you can use oyster sauce or soy sauce. The ratio is the same.
- Sugar – Add sugar after the ground meat has been dry-fried. The main purpose is to give the ground meat a caramel color to increase appetite and make the dish a little sweeter, not just salty.
- Chinese cooking wine – The main purpose of adding wine is to remove the smell of pork and add flavor to the dish.
How to make
- Heat the pan over medium heat and don't add oil. Add the minced pork, don't turn it or fry it. Turn it when it's changed color (about 2~3 minutes).
- Stir-fry the ground pork 2 or 3 times until it's dry and brown in color. PRO TIP: This releases the flavor when the garlic is sautéed and allows the soy sauce to combine with the meat, giving it a nice caramel color. If the pork isn't fried dry, it won't have these effects.
- Add garlic and stir-fry it together with the pork for about 1-2 minutes until you smell the garlic aroma.
- Add sugar to color the pork to give it a caramel color.
- Add soy sauce and fish sauce and stir fry to evenly color the meat.
- Add green beans and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water and cover the pan, let it steam for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir-fry the meat for 1to 2 minutes. Ready to serve with steamed rice.
Substitution and variations:
- Protein: ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Vegetables: Carrots, onion, zucchini, Bella mushroom, or red bell pepper are good choices. They don’t release water and can enhance the color of the dish.
- Spicy: You can add Sichuan pepper powder to prepare it in Sichuan style. Or you can add some spiciness with homemade chili oil sauce or small dried chili de arbol peppers.
Other Chinese pork dishes:
Ground Pork Stir Fry With Green Beans.
- 200 g pork mince
- 250 g green beans
- 3~5 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 0.5 tablespoon fish sauce (note 1)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine, Shaoxing wine or sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sear ground pork – Heat the pan over medium heat and don't add oil. Put the ground pork in without turning or frying it. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes until it's a different color. (Note 2)
- Turn and stir-fry the ground pork 2 or 3 times until it's dry and brown in color about 2~3 minutes. (Note 3)
- Put the meat on one side of the pot and put the garlic on the other side. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until you smell the garlic aroma.
- Add sugar and stir fry with pork to color the pork to give it a caramel color.
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce and rice wine and stir fry to evenly color the meat. (Note 4)
- Add green beans and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add water and cover the pan, let it steam for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir-fry the meat for 1to 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve with steamed rice.
Tips & Notes:
- It’s best to add some fish sauce for more flavor, but if you don’t have it, you can substitute with oyster sauce or soy sauce. The ratio is the same.
- If you turn or stir fry it too early, water will leak out and the meat won’t get a nice brown color.
- Dry fry the ground pork to release the flavor. When you add garlic and soy sauce, they combine with the meat to give it a nice caramel color and garlic flavor. If the pork isn’t dry fried, it won’t be able to release these effects.
- Soy sauce and fish sauce should be added at this time to taste and stir fried to get a nice brown color.