White sauce pasta is a popular dish for adults and children. This recipe is super easy and quick to prepare. I usually use pre-made homemade white sauce. In less than 15 minutes, a plate of vegetable pasta with white sauce is ready. I especially like to eat it in cold weather to warm up. This is definitely the best comfort food for your family.
White sauce pasta recipe:
This pasta with white sauce and vegetables is a very healthy vegetarian dish. In addition to the white sauce, I added fresh garlic and shredded cheese to make this dish not only creamy and cheesy but garlicky in flavor and with a multi-layered texture. I use homemade white sauce and frozen mixed vegetables and broccoli. This dish is ready in less than 15 minutes.
What do you need:
- Pasta – Any pasta you like.
- White sauce – I use a ready-made white sauce. You can learn how to make it in this blog: How to Make White Sauce.
- Frozen mixed vegetables – corn, carrots, and peas. You can use any fresh or frozen veggies you like.
- Broccoli – to make pasta with white sauce even healthier.
- Shredded cheese – you can add any shredded cheese to make the dish even creamier and tastier.
- Garlic – chopped or ground to add even more flavor to the dish.
How to make:
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat, add the crushed garlic and stir for 30 seconds to enhance its flavor.
- Add frozen vegetables and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and stir for another 1 minute to release its flavor and sweetness.
- Add everything to a pot of white cream sauce and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. If you like broccoli softer, you can cook it longer until it's soft.PRO TIP: Don't forget to keep stirring while cooking. Otherwise, the white sauce might burn on the bottom because it's so thick.
- Add the pre-cooked pasta and adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until everything is well mixed about 1 minute.
- Ready to serve.
What to serve:
- Since this dish is very creamy, it goes very well with fresh side salads such as pickled mixed vegetables, confit cherry tomatoes, or spicy cucumber salad. These pickled vegetables will save you a lot of time for your dinner.
- For a cozy meal on a cold winter evening, you can try it with oven-baked pork ribs, baked zucchini with garlic, and baked carrots. They can be baked at the same time so you save time and energy. Finally, have hot apple tartlets for dessert.
Other cozy food to try:
Salmon Alfredo – Buttery and garlicky.
One Pot Chicken And Rice – 20 minutes meal.
Watch how to make it:
White Sauce Pasta.
- 200 g pasta
- 1 bowl frozen mixed vegetables
- 250 ml white sauce, Note 1
- 1 bowl broccoli
- 1 bowl shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Heat the white sauce – Prepare a pot and heat the white sauce, after it's boiled, turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta – Heat the water to boiling and add the pasta, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon of oil to the pot. After 3 to 5 minutes, when the pasta is soft, remove the noodles, rinse with cold water, and drain. Set aside. (Note 2)
- In another pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the crushed garlic and stir for 30 seconds to enhance its flavor.
- Add the frozen vegetables and sauté them for 1 minute. Add the broccoli and stir for another 1 minute to release its flavor and sweetness.
- Add the cooked pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the grated cheese and stir until everything is well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Ready to serve hot.
Tips & Notes:
- I use a ready-made white sauce. You can learn how to make it in this blog: How to Make White Sauce.
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it’s best to leave it a little al dente so it doesn’t get too soft when you mix it with the white sauce.