Are you in search of a mouth-watering meal that’s both easy and delicious? Look no further than this tantalizing California Pulled Pork recipe! The best part? You don’t even need to marinate the meat beforehand. Simply pop it in the oven or cook it on the stove and let the flavors do the work.
This juicy and tender pulled pork has a hint of spice and a smoky flavor that will leave your taste buds singing. But why stop at just one dish? This versatile ingredient can be used to make a variety of delicious meals, including Pulled Pork Fried Rice, Pulled Pork Burgers, and even Pulled Pork Nachos. And with the option to make extra and freeze it, you’ll always have a tasty meal on hand when you need it most. So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today and experience the delectable flavors of California Pulled Pork for yourself!
Pulled pork recipe
Why you should definitely try this pulled pork recipe.
- No marinating required – Adding cola softens the meat quickly. And as it bakes, it absorbs cola, onions, and spices. So there’s no need to marinate it.
- Easy to prepare – Simply place in the oven for 2 hours at 120°C/250°F. Or in the Dutch Oven on the stove at low heat for 2 hours.
- Tender and juicy – The addition of cola makes the pork soft, tender and juicy. It also has a caramel flavor.
What is the new California Pulled Pork? There are a lot of Asians in California. Korean food has become very popular in recent years and there are many Korean restaurants in California. Therefore, many dishes are also influenced by Korea and are enhanced with Korean spices. This is how the new California American Pulled Pork came about. This is also how my recipe was inspired.
How to make:
This recipe is very simple and effortless. You just have to mix the pork well with the spices and then add cola. Cover it with foil and put it in the oven for 2 hours at 120°C/250°F. I often make an extra batch, pack it in batches and put it in the freezer. Heat it up and put it on burgers or fried rice. In less than 20 minutes, you’ve got a quick and delicious meal.
What you need:
- Pork shoulder butt/ collar butt- is located near the back of the front leg of the pig and has more tendons and some fat = juicy. The reason it’s the best part is because it’s cheap. This part isn’t too fat and not too thin and absorbs the sauce well. After baking, the tendons are tender and juicy. This is how the best pulled pork is made.
- Gochujang hot pepper paste – is a popular Korean paste. It’s slightly spicy and full of spices. My recipe is only slightly spicy, so even kids can eat it. If you like more spiciness, you can add more.
- Cola – the soda can make the meat tender and juicy without marinating it. This is the secret of how the meat becomes tender in a short time. It also gives the meat an additional caramel flavor.
- Onion – To add sweetness to the Pulled Pork and sauce.
- Soy sauce, paprika, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and chili powder – for more flavor.
Pulled Pork Sandwich:
Always remember to make and freeze extra portions to prepare meals in advance. And it can be cooked for a variety of dishes like Pulled Pork Sandwich or Nachos. They’re the best party or social food you can make in a short amount of time.
How do you make a pulled pork sandwich?
- Heat 2 slices of buns in a hot skillet or oven until dark brown on both sides.
- Place the pulled pork and coleslaw on the buns and drizzle the pulled pork sauce on top.
- Serve with potato wedges or coleslaw.
Pulled Pork Nachos:
How do you make pulled pork nachos?
- Prepare a large bowl. Add tortilla or plain corn chips into the bowl.
- Spread queso dip (Mexican cheese dip), pulled pork, salsa (or chopped tomatoes, onoin and cilantro) on top.
- Add a few jalapenos to add some heat.
Watch how to make:
Oven Baked Pulled Pork Recipe
- Prepare a baking sheet, Dutch Oven, or thick pot.
- Slice the onion and place it on the baking sheet or in the Dutch Oven.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/250°F.
- Add the collar and all the spices and mix well.
- Add the cola and cover the baking sheet or pot with foil for baking.
- Place it in the oven for 2 hours at 120°C/250°F.Or in the Dutch Oven on the stove at low heat for 2 hours. (Note 4)
- Remove from oven or stove. Transport the pork to the plate. Use forks to shred the pork.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve.
Leave a Reply