Easy and fresh coleslaw and coleslaw dressing that you can make in less than 10 minutes. This classic coleslaw is the best side dish. Prepare it and the dressing in extra portions and refrigerate them the day before. For a quick and healthy dinner, just mix it up so it doesn’t get watery. But so fresh and crunchy.
This is a very time-saving and effortlessly quick recipe. All you have to do is shredded the vegetables, wash them and mix them with the dressing. Another quick and easy option is to use Coleslaw Mix from a bag. Then you can serve a vegetable in less than 10 minutes. It goes well with any dish, whether it’s a Pulled Pork Burger (sandwich), Crispy Beer Battered Fish, Baffalo Wings or Pulled Pork Fried Rice.
How do you cut cabbage for coleslaw?
You can use a knife or mandolin to shred the cabbage after you shred it. Wash it and let it drain.
How do you store coleslaw for later?
You can put it in a bag or container and store it in the refrigerator. I recommend not mixing the coleslaw with the dressing. Don’t mix it with the dressing until you’re ready to eat it. Otherwise, it’ll be watery. Since cabbage contains a lot of water, the dressing contains salt, which causes the cabbage to release more water and become watery.
How to store coleslaw dressing?
It’s best to mix all the ingredients in a jar. And store it in the refrigerator. When you want to eat it, mix it with the vegetables.
How long does Coleslaw last?
It can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Why does my coleslaw become watery?
Cabbage contains a lot of water and the dressing contains salt, which causes the cabbage to release more water and become watery. Therefore, it’s best to mix the dressing if you’re going to eat it.
What is it made of:
- Cabbage – you can use green or purple raw cabbage or both. To save time, you can also use a prepackaged bag of coleslaw.
Half a head of cabbage (medium cabbage) is enough for 5 people as a side dish for a meal.
It’s best to mix the coleslaw with the dressing and put it in the fridge for half an hour. This way the coleslaw will be nice and crunchy.
- Carrot – one medium carrot is enough for 5 people.
- Mayonnaise – For vegetarians used plant-based mayo to make it vegan friendly.
- BBQ sauce – So that the dressing has different layers of flavor. If you don’t have BBQ sauce, you can use Worcestershire sauce.
- Dijon mustard and honey – to give the coleslaw different flavors. Not just mayonnaise flavor.
Other quick salad for summer:
- 1/2 a green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (120ml)
- 1 teaspoon BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare a jar or container and mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Prepare a bowl, shred the cabbage and carrot, wash them and drain them.
- Add the coleslaw dressing to the bowl and mix well with the cabbage and carrot.
- Ready to serve.