Deviled egg salad sandwich roll is definitely the best for your breakfast or a simple lunch. The full-bodied flavor of the eggs with the creamy mayonnaise and Dijon mustard goes best with a soft sandwich roll. I usually prepare the egg salad ahead of time, put it in the fridge, and top the roll with pickles or cucumbers for a healthy and quick breakfast the next day.
Deviled egg salad recipe:
This quick-deviled egg salad can be prepared in just 5 minutes. That’s because I use pre-made soy sauce egg (ramen egg). The creamy, half-cooked egg yolk provides a rich egg flavor and smooth texture. Another advantage of the soy sauce egg is that it’s a salty taste of soy sauce and a slight taste of cooking wine. This adds even more flavor to this deviled egg salad sandwich roll.
What you need:
It’s really easy and quick to make, without too many ingredients. What you need is:
- Boiled eggs or soy sauce egg (ramen egg) – I prefer soy sauce egg, it gives more flavor and I love the creamy, half-cooked yolk. If you use boiled eggs, you can also use hard-boiled eggs with half-cooked yolk. That way the yolk itself is very creamy and you don’t have to add too much mayonnaise. This can reduce calories.
- Mayonnaise – to reduce calories, I use light mayo, mayo with avocado oil, or olive oil. It’s definitely better for your health.
- Dijon mustard – any brand of Dijon mustard, sometimes I like to use grainy Dijon mustard to have more texture.
- Paprika – for the flavor of roasted red peppers.
- Salt – to adjust the flavor.
- Pepper – to adjust the flavor.
- Sandwich rolls – you also can use buns, toast, or baguettes.
How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs:
The most important thing to do to make perfect hard-boiled eggs is to put the eggs all together in a pot of cold water. Turn on the heat on the stove, cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Leave it in the hot water for the following times, depending on the desired boiling level: 3 minutes for SOFT boiled; 6 minutes for MEDIUM boiled; 10 minutes for HARD boiled. Very important: Close the lid completely, don’t open it. Then you’ll get the perfect hard-boiled egg.
How do you boil eggs that peel easily?
Just add a little salt and vinegar to the water when you put it in the pot with the eggs and water, just before you start cooking. The salt will penetrate the shell a little bit and the vinegar will help break up the shells to make them easier to peel. It’s so amazing you should try it.
More breakfast ideas
Deviled Egg Salad Sandwich Roll
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, Note 1
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- white vinegar, Note 2
- 3 sandwich rolls
PREPARE HARD-BOILED EGGS:
- Put the eggs all together in a pot of cold water. Turn on the heat on the stove, cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Leave it in the hot water for 6 minutes. (Note 3)
- Pour off the water and rinse the eggs with cold water or place them in ice water to cool.
- Then peel the egg shells. Cut and mashed eggs with a knife and put them in a bowl.
ASSEMBLE DEVILED EGG SALAD SANDWICH ROLL:
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well with the hard-boiled egg.
- Prepare rolls, cut them in the middle and fill the egg salad.
- Sprinkle some paprika on the top. Ready to serve.
Tips & Notes:
- You can use hard-boiled eggs or soy sauce eggs. I prefer soy sauce egg, it gives more flavor and I love the creamy, half-cooked yolk.
- Add vinegar to the water when you put it in the pot with the eggs, just before you start cooking. The vinegar helps break up the shells so they’re easier to peel.
- When the water boils, boil it for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Leave them in the hot water for the following times, depending on your desired boiling level: 3 minutes for SOFT boiled; 6 minutes for MEDIUM boiled; 10 minutes for HARD boiled.