Cheezy and garlicky homemade Alfredo sauce is the best sauce you should always have at home. It’s quick and easy to make, you only need 5 ingredients and it’s ready in 10 minutes. It can be quickly and magically transformed into delicious dishes. It tastes best with pasta, chicken or seafood.
Alfredo sauce recipe:
In this recipe, I added Italian seasonings to give the sauce a fresh flavor in addition to the strong cheese and garlic flavors. This is optional, you can leave it out if you don’t have it. I usually cook extra portions and freeze or vacuum pack the rest in a jar for later use. Especially in the fall and winter, a quick, cozy salmon alfredo or chicken and shrimp alfredo are ready in 10 minutes.
What do you need:
- Heavy cream – The most important thing is to make the sauce rich and creamy.
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter. It’s best if it doesn’t have a strange smell, otherwise, the sauce will smell bad after cooking. To learn how to store leftover butter to avoid a bad smell, see White Sauce.
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- Italian seasonings – to give the sauce a fresh taste.
To learn how to preserve additional portions by “freezing” and “vacuuming”, see the article White Sauce.
How to make:
Heat the butter first, then add the minced garlic or garlic powder and fry it over low heat for 1 minute to enhance its flavor. Add the cream, then the grated Parmesan cheese and the Italian seasonings. Stir evenly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
How to make alfredo pasta:
For homemade alfredo pasta, add the cooked pasta to the alfredo sauce and stir for 1 minute until everything is well mixed. Be careful not to overcook the pasta or it’ll become too soft after stirring with the sauce. Add some black pepper or parsley and enjoy the dish. Try salmon alfredo as a healthy and quick meal.
Alfredo sauce V.S. white sauce:
Recently I’ve become obsessed with rich western-style sauces. I’ve been studying the difference between alfredo and white sauce. Alfredo sauce is a traditional Italian sauce. The main ingredients are cream, parmesan cheese, garlic, and heavy cream. So it’s full of cheese and garlic flavor. White sauce is a traditional French sauce whose main ingredients are butter, milk, flour, and nutmeg powder. Which sauce do you prefer? I like both very much.
Other sauces you should try:
You can also try these Chinese sauces. Make an extra portion of each sauce, put it in a bottle and freeze it. That way you can cook them whenever you want.
Watch how to make:
Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 70 g butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, (375 ml)
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese (200g)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the butter in a pan over low heat. (Note 1)
- Add the minced garlic and stir over low heat for 1 minute. (Note 2)
- Pour cream over medium heat to boil.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir to dissolve evenly.
- Add Italian seasoning and salt to adjust the flavor.
- Stir evenly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- "HOMEMADE ALFREDO PASTA" – You can stir it with the cooked pasta then the homemade alfredo pasta will be ready to serve. (Note 3)
Tips & Notes:
- The butter should be heated over low heat or it’ll burn easily.
- Stir in the minced garlic for 1 minute to enhance its flavor. Again, stir over low heat or it’ll burn easily.
- For homemade alfredo pasta, don’t overcook the pasta or it’ll be too soft after stirring with alfredo sauce.