Baked pumpkin with tuna and cheese is a cozy and hearty meal for fall and winter that will keep your body warm. This baked tuna with pumpkin and cheese tastes sweet, tender, and buttery and has a nutty flavor that will have you eating one bite after another. It’s perfect as an appetizer, snack, party food or even for breakfast.
Roasted pumpkin with tuna recipe:
This recipe is so easy and quick, you can just make it in the oven. Best for those who don’t have time to cook, or for beginners. It can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. I usually roast an extra portion of squash for lunch or as an appetizer or side dish in the evening. The leftovers are for breakfast the next day, and in less than 10 minutes a quick and healthy breakfast is ready.
- Squash – You can use any squash or pumpkin for this recipe. Pumpkin is rich in carotene, which is a fat-soluble vitamin, so cooking it with oil can help to release its nutrients. Good for eyes and health.
- Tuna – Any can of tuna, but leave out the water or oil so it’s not too watery.
- Mayonnaise – This is mainly mixed with the tuna to make it taste smooth.
- Grated cheese – tasty, cheddar, or any other cheese that melts.
- Black pepper – Used to season the tuna.
More ways to use roasted pumpkin:
- Oven-roasted with pork ribs, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes; you can bake 4 dishes at once, it saves time and goes fast. And dinner can be ready immediately.
- Serve as a side dish to Cherry tomato pasta or One pan of whitefish with carrot and white wine.
- Stuffed on sandwich rolls or toast for breakfast.
Other comfort food:
White Sauce Pasta – Creamy and garlicky.
Watch how to make:
Roasted Pumpkin With Tuna And Cheese.
- 1/3 pumpkin, cut the squash into rectangles or equilateral triangles 7 cm wide
- 80 g canned tuna, leave out the water or oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- grated cheese or pizza cheese, or any other cheese that melts
- black pepper, to adjust taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/390 °F ( fan/convection) or 220 °C/420 °F (standard).
- Cut the squash into equilateral triangles 7 cm wide, place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the tuna out of the can, mix it with the mayonnaise and add a pinch of black pepper.
- Take the squash out of the oven, put the tuna filling on the squash and cover it with grated cheese or pizza cheese.
- Put it in the oven and bake it at 200 °C/390 °F or 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and slightly charred.
- Ready to serve.