Canning oven-roasted cherry tomatoes are so easy to make and will keep for 2 weeks or months. I usually make 2-3 bottles at a time so I can use it anytime as an appetizer with bruschetta bread, a side dish with roasted pork ribs, or a main dish with cherry tomatoes pasta. It really saves you time to prepare a meal quickly.
Roasted cherry tomatoes recipe
My recipe is to add olive oil and salt to mix evenly with the cherry tomatoes before roasting. This brings out the sweetness better and the slightly tart flavor enhances the flavor. I usually grill them along with the pork ribs, one layer of roasted pork ribs and one layer of roasted cherry tomatoes. It saves time and energy, and you can make one meal at a time. If you eat pork ribs and roasted cherry tomatoes with a glass of beer or wine, you’ll be super relaxed and satisfied.
How to make:
- First, place a layer of parchment paper or foil on a baking sheet. Wash and rinse the cherry tomatoes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Put them in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes at 160 °C / 320 °F
- Put the tomatoes in the fresh container while they're still hot, add the crushed garlic, pour in the olive oil until all the ingredients are covered, cover the surface with cling film and close the lid. They'll keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
How to store for months
These roasted cherry tomatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for months. As long as you know how to vacuum pack them. And it only takes less than 10 minutes. Check out this blog to learn: How To Vacuum Seal Homemade Jams In A Jar.
More ways to use canned cherry tomatoes
And a few other ideas for ways to use canned tomatoes:
- Oven-roasted with pork ribs, baked cauliflower, or baked zucchini;
- Stuffed in a steak sandwich or sandwich rolls;
- Mixed with marinated cucumber salad;
- The main dish – cherry tomato pasta;
- Appetizer with bruschetta bread;
Other pickles & salad:
Watch how to make:
Canning Cherry Tomato (Oven-Roasted With Olive Oil)
- 450 g cherry tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, for baking
- 1/2 garlic
- First, wash and rinse the cherry tomatoes and place them on a baking sheet that you can line with a layer of parchment paper or foil.
- Sprinkle with salt on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss well with a spoon.
- Put them in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes at 160 °C/ 320 °F.
- Put the tomatoes in the fresh container while they're still hot, add the crushed garlic, pour in the olive oil until all the ingredients are covered, cover the surface with cling film and close the lid.